In the current pandemic, health and wellbeing issues are top of mind for all organisations, their staff, visitors and for the regulatory agencies.
Whilst not uniform across Australia, all governments have rolled out extensive workplace regulations covering the good hygiene, mask wearing, physical distancing, keeping records and so on.
Organisations have responded by accelerating their use of technology for remote work and for conducting business online, they have redesigned their office environments, reviewed rosters and resource deployments, strengthened access protocols and cleaning regimes.
Employees are eager to get back to work but worry about the risk of getting sick. The recent incidents in the workplace in Victoria make sobering reading. Just one infected person can bring a business to its knees in a matter of days.
Going back to work is a matter of Trust. Not just trust in the workplace environment and protocols, but health trust in your colleagues.
Screening is here to stay but punctual temperature checking is insufficient as the prevalence of fever as a symptom of COVID-19 is highly variable, can be masked with medications and measure skin and not core temperature. Moreover, health screening could better be conducted before you leave the house, not at the workplace entrance.
Multimodal health and vital signs testing are required
- Cough, loss of taste and smell and shortness of breath are emerging as similar (or better) predictive symptoms of COVID-19 than temperature.1
- Monitoring respiratory rate has been shown to detect COVID-19 illness prior to the onset of symptoms and also to correctly identify symptomatic cases.2
- Combining vital signs monitoring with symptom questionnaires has been demonstrated to be very sensitive for influenza detection.3
- Daily health monitoring allows higher risk people to be identified and managed earlier – avoiding the need to regularly test the entire population
Openly is a breakthrough. A wellness screening service, powered by your smartphone and supervised by clinicians.
It combines a multi-factor wellness review (delivered via a smartphone app) with a monitoring service provided by a clinical team.
Support your return to work plan
- Improve your understanding and control of risk. Protect your workforces by reinforcing your COVID compliance.
- Support your business continuity with demonstrable care to your staff and visitor wellbeing
- Screen and intervene before interaction with others. Break the transmission chain
- The solution is App based, ensuring high engagement and tracks both symptoms and contactless vital signs for better screening.
Build trust with your staff
- Provide them with fast screening of wellness with immediate feedback
- Allow them to assess their wellness at home; easy to use and non-intrusive
- A Clinical team manages entire program to ensure privacy and deliver support
For more information on how Openly might support your safe return to work call:
Peter: 0427 647000
Chris: 0417 361164
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Menni C et al. Loss of smell and taste in combination with other symptoms is a strong predictor of COVID-19 infection. MEdRxiv; [Internet]. 2020 Mar [cited 2020 April 01]; MEDRXIV/2020/048421(preprint)
- Miller et al Analyzing changes in respiratory rate to predict the risk of COVID-19 infection MEdRxiv doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.06.18.20131417
- Sun, G., et al., A portable infection screening system designed for onboard entry screening based on multi-parameter vital signs. International Journal of E-Health & Medical Communications, 2013. 4(3): p. 20-35.